If you live in the United States, Happy 4th of July! Today I wanted to highlight a snack that might be good to serve at your holiday picnic or travels. I came across Skinnypop White Cheddar Popcorn cakes and when I see a vegan white cheddar product, I scoop it up! This was one of my favorite flavors as a vegetarian. As a vegan, I am excited to see more products popping up that are cheddar flavor.
Overall Grade: A
- The white cheddar flavor is spot on, it was the cheesy flavor that I remember from my vegetarian days.
- Vegan cheddar flavor! I’m always looking for this flavor in a vegan snack!
- They are 45 calories per cake, making for a light snack.
- The cakes are made of popcorn, not rice. There is nothing wrong with a ricecake, but this is a bit more exciting!
- Skinnypop brand products are available in both health food stores and non-health food stores such as Food Lion, Walgreens, Harris Teeter, Walmart, CVS, Lowes Foods, and Kroger.
- The cakes were a little on the firm side, almost stale tasting. I enjoyed it, but my husband was not a fan.
- There are 12 cakes to a package and two to a plastic sleeve. They don’t last long!