The makers of Happy Cow Vegan Protein Shake and Meal Replacement contacted us recently and asked if we would try their product.* Smoothies are a regular occurrence in my household and we go through the protein shake mixes monthly. I happily accepted as I am always on the search for affordable vegan protein powders. The containers arrived quickly and I was pleasantly surprised by the design. It is different from other commercial shake containers with a picture of a cartoon cow and a black background. It stood out to me immediately that I it was a vegan product and that always makes me smile. I would be drawn to this product in stores. For now it is sold online through Amazon, but I would love to see this product in stores soon. Product: Happy Cow Vegan Protein Shake and Meal Replacement, Vanilla and Chocolate flavors
Overall Grade: A
- Great packaging design with an adorable cow. I like that the company advertises boldly that it is a vegan protein shake.
- They have an offering of two common flavors: vanilla and chocolate. Nothing too weird or fancy.
- The products both have a delicious smell that is decedent and inciting.
- They list a good amino acid profile on the container. Many of the other vegan shakes/meal replacements either don’t contain amino acids or haven’t taken the time to label them on the containers. This is important to some people. The more nutritional information, the better.
- The serving amount is one scoop, whereas many other vegan shakes require two or more scoops.
- I have not compared pricing very closely between all other protein powders, but this seems to be on par (or a little cheaper) with the price of other vegan brands. Currently, it is listed for $25 on Amazon.
- I wasn’t a fan of this product on its own (mixed with water only). Not many, if any, protein shakes taste good on their own. They all seem to have to be mixed with a vegan milk and other ingredients like fruits, vegetables, nuts and/or seeds.
*Please note that we are happy to try vegan products for an honest review. If you are interested, please contact us.