Today we bring to you a review of a product that won’t even be fully launched until sometime next year. But, Planet Protein was kind enough to offer us a bar each of their two flavors in exchange for an honest review. You can purchase them in pre-launch from the Planet Protein Facebook Page.
The texture reminded me a lot of the old school Power Bars: chewy, a little gritty/chalky. I don’t mean that in a bad way. I really liked the texture of Power Bars and have missed them. So, if you’ve been missing them too, here’s your vegan replacement!
Product: Planet Protein Plant Power Bar (Cherry Almond Fudge / Cocoa PB Crunch)
Overall Grade: A- (cherry) / A (peanut butter)
- 20g of plant based protein
- Chewy, lightly gritty – a la the old Power Bars
- Non GMO
- Gluten and soy free
- No sugar alcohols, added flavors, no preservatives
- No stevia so no funky aftertaste like some vegan bars
- Cherry & Peanut Butter varieties? Yes, please. They’re both lightly sweet. You wouldn’t confuse them with candy, but that’s not what Planet Protein sets out to be.
- They’re a little spendy. From what I can tell MSRP is $3.50 per bar when purchased individually. But, that’s the tradeoff for supporting small business and healthful products so I didn’t ding it in the grade for this.
- The cherry got an A- instead of an A because I’d like just a little more cherry flavor. The texture was also just a tiny bit harder than the PB which I thought was perfect.
- I can’t go pick one up on my lunch break tomorrow 😉