Since going vegan, I have been on a quest to find the best creamy vegan dressings on the market. I have been mostly unimpressed. I recently stumbled upon Daiya Ranch. I decided to buy it after having tried the Cesar dressing and not liking it. The ranch dressing came home with me, without any expectations. One evening, I cracked it open and decided to put some on my salad. I was not sure if I would like it, so I took a little taste. I was pleasantly surprised, loved the dressing! It reminded me of the bottled ranch dressings that I had at my the homes of friends as a kid (my mom always made the homemade version).
Overall Grade: A
- The dressing is very creamy and tastes very close to the dairy based ranch that I grew up on.
- It is readily available in my area. I have been able to find it in the natural sections of several area grocery stores.
- I served it to meat and dairy eating family and they didn’t even know it was vegan!
- It is free of the major allergens.
- The ingredients are all recognizable items.
- Like the dairy ranches, it is high in fat. 13 grams for one serving!
- It isn’t easy to pour because it is so thick. I had to water it down a bit with some vinegar.
- Like many processed vegan foods, this product is pricey at over $4 a bottle. Sometimes, even $5.