I like to wear makeup. I feel naked without it. I know I should be comfortable in my own skin without makeup as a feminist, but I’m not. We all have our faults. Since having a child, I do go out more frequently without makeup though. Yay me! One of the things that I feel that I cannot live without is mascara. My lashes are not very long, so I need to don mascara to make my eyes pop. Now that I have short hair, this is especially true for my face. I have yet to find the holy grail of vegan mascara. Most of the ones that I have found are nice, but none of them seem to perform like some of the top name brands that test on animals. There are a few brands of vegan mascara that are a bit better than the rest and Pacifica is one of those brands.
Overall Grade: A
- This mascara is made by a company that is vegan and cruelty free. I know that I can have peace of mind when I buy their products.
- The mascara lengthens my lashes to give my eyes some pop.
- This mascara is readily available in many stores such as: Target, Whole Foods, Ulta, Earth Fare, other specialty stores.
- They have several types of mascara on the market to give us picky consumers options.
- The product does not contain FD & C color, parabens, talc and mineral oil.
- The mascara is a bit pricey compared to other brands. The tube I bought is about $14.99. One of the varieties is $16.99. I’d really love to see a quality vegan mascara for $5 or under.
- This does a good job lengthening, but I’d like it to volumize (is this a word?) a bit more. I want those lashes you see on models in the mascara ads. They very well could be false lashes.