I was recently introduced to Miomojo through Instagram and have been eyeing their products. They make stylish bags from recycled bottles and other ethical and eco-friendly materials. I was able to see several bags in-person and the Urban backpack caught my eye. It has the option for hand carry and to be a backpack. It contains pockets for a laptop, drinks, and whatever else is needed to complete your day, while not being too bulky. The style and color makes this bag gender neutral, appealing to a wide audience. It seems sturdy and feels to be a high quality bag. I see this bag lasting me for years. It is a huge upgrade from the college backpack I was carrying before.
Product: Miomojo, The Urban Backpack
Overall Grade: A
- Miomojo is an all vegan company.
- For every purchase, 10% goes directly to helping animals.
- Some of product their lines include R-PET, polyester that is made out of recycled plastic water bottles. This reduces their dependence on petroleum as a raw material source and reuses materials that would otherwise sit in a landfill. They are also working to replace some of their other materials to be recycled, such as the polyester they use.
- The bags are stylish and appealing. They have several lines of bags for all genders.
- They have a variety of bags for different needs: laptops, tablets, weekend bags, and more.
- Their prices are reasonable. The Urban Backpack is about $68. I expect to pay around this price for a good quality bag. Some vegan companies charge a lot more for bags to make them unattainable for many of us. This bag is worth saving up for, if you can.
- This company is outside of the United States. That might negate some of the eco-friendliness of this bag.