I feel like I have been living in a vegan, gluten free bread desert. The available options on the market have been less than desirable, unless you enjoy munching on cardboard. Some of the major gluten free bread makers refuse to make a bread that is also vegan. Besides a few specialty products, I’ve been skipping sliced bread. Then one day I was introduced to a loaf of bread that gave me hope. This bread was soft, fluffy, and tasted great even without toasting. Let me repeat EVEN WITHOUT TOASTING. Straight out of the bag. If you are doing a little happy dance, I’m right there with you. I was finally able to have a delicious slice of cinnamon toast, grilled cheeze, tempeh ruebans, the possibilities where endless. My desert was turning into a tropical oasis. Only one problem, I had a hard time finding the bread. Then slowly, it started creeping into a few markets somewhat nearby. It still needs to get into more shelves, but in the meantime I’ll keep driving to the locations so I can have bread. If you see this bread, do your little happy dance and then buy as many as you can carry!
Overall Grade: A++
- This bread is delicious out of the bag. Even if it is frozen, when it thaws it can be eaten as is. Most GF bread has to be toasted to be semi-edible.
- It doesn’t taste like cardboard. It is fluffy, soft, and flavorful.
- It comes in three flavors, plus rolls. I have loved all four products.
- All of the ingredients are things you have heard of! There isn’t anything obscure in the ingredient lists.
- The bread is non-GMO and certified vegan.
- They use a certified gluten free facility.
- The facility that they use is also peanut and tree-nut free.
- They are soy free as well!
- They need to be in every grocery store! They are not in Whole Foods yet locally, but I am still able to find them.
- They are priced like other gluten free products. You will most likely pay over $5 a loaf.