Happy New Year 2017! We are back and blogging, like we promised! In the spirit of the holidays and cold weather, you might be thinking drinks to warm you up. I know that has been on my mind. I bought the Toasted Coconut Almondmilk with that intention, but found myself a bit disappointed. I grappled with what grade to give to this product and I settled on a C. I can’t give it the Veggie Product Reviews Seal of Approval because it is not good enough for our seal. Read on to see why.
Overall Grade: C
- This product is soy-free, vegan, gluten free, carrageenan-free (for those that care), non-GMO, and BPA-free
- This product has 45% of your daily needs of calcium, that is more than milk!
- This is a low calorie drink at only 45 calories per serving
- It was acceptable as a base to hot chocolate (see the cons to explain)
- This product did not taste good cold or warm on its own. It had a very fake coconut flavor and it was hard to drink. I was only able to drink it as a base to hot chocolate.
- The beverage is a bit thin and not as thick as other vegan milks.
- The fake coconut flavor was overbearing. It is all that I could taste when I drank it alone.
- There is only 6 servings per container. Most other vegan milk brands contain 8 servings per container.
- With only 6 servings, this milk is expensive.