I feel like I am always dreaming of candy. You’d think I eat candy every day, but I don’t. I only get it every once and a while. After the recent U.S. election I went FOUR WHOLE days without any sweets. I probably should have eaten some given the state of this country and my sad state of mind.* It is a very rare occasion that I have a candy bar, but when I do I want it to be a real treat. If I am going to throw away all of those calories and fat, I should indulge. Go Max Go has candy bars that make me want to indulge. The one I am highlighting today is the Twilight bar. It is an imitation of a candy bar that has a whipped chocolate center and rich caramel all covered in a milk chocolate. Go Max Go uses rice milk chocolate. It is better than what I remember of milk chocolate.
Product: Twilight Candy Bar by Go Max Go
Overall Grade: A+
- The chocolate covering this candy bar tastes better than what I remember of milk chocolate.
- This candy bar imitates the childhood candy bar that I remember perfectly.
- Vegan Caramel!
- This is a vegan candy bar. This should count for several pros.
- It is gluten free and now has a GF symbol.
- There are no hydrogenated oils/trans fat like diary candy bars.
- I wish this product were available at all stores! I’ve only been able to find it at Whole Foods and online.
- As with most vegan products, the price is a bit high. I think the average price is about $2.50 a bar. This isn’t bad for a treat, but is pricey if you want candy bars on a regular basis.
*This political viewpoint is from Amanda and is not necessarily the viewpoint of all reviewers on this blog.