The longer I am vegan, the more I see items popping up to mimic my old nonvegan favorites. It is a great time to be vegan! I am a fan of Hilary’s products and was excited to try this product. It was so thick, that it would not come out of the bottle. I had to take a knife to it to get it out of the bottle. With a skinny neck, it was hard to get to the contents that were down below where my knife could reach. I had to thin the product out with plant based milk. I was conflicted in rating this product. My husband and I did not like it, but my son did. It did not taste like ranch to us, it was very vinegary and the chia taste was detectable. Since 1/3 of my family liked this product, I am giving it the seal of approval with caution.
Product: Hilary’s Ranch Chia Dressing
Overall Grade: B-
- The product is free of corn, dairy, gluten, and soy.
- It is a vegan ranch option!
- This product was available to me in Whole Foods and Kroger.
- My son liked it as a dip!
- It is an organic product.
- It is low in fat and sugar, compared to other ranch dressings.
- The ingredients are all recognizable.
- It is so thick that it does not pour out of the bottle without thinning out.
- It was too thick to be a salad dressing. It was more suitable as a dip.
- The taste was too vinegary for a ranch dressing.
- The product tasted and felt too much like chia seeds. While I love chia seeds, I didn’t like it in this product. The dressing had a strange flavor.
- The bottle was over $4 in stores. It is pricier than most bottles of dressing.