I have been vegan for quite some time, but still enjoy bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. I try not to eat it every day, but I will admit that it makes a regular appearance on the breakfast table. Some mornings I switch it up for oatmeal (or a half of an English Muffin), to be a little healthy. Kite Hill has always been a delicious brand, but it is a bit too expensive to have every week. However, the jalapeño flavor makes me want to buy it weekly. Product: Jalapeño Cream Cheese By Kite Hill
Overall Grade: A
- It is vegan cream cheese!!
- It has a delicious creamy flavor with a hint of spice.
- It is mildly spicy. I would prefer it a bit spicier, but it is good for most taste buds.
- The package lists less than 10 ingredients!
- It is almond based, unlike other popular cream cheese alternatives made of soy.
- It is a cultured cheese product and therefore has a more in-depth flavor. Kite Hill cream cheeses are the closest flavor to dairy cream cheese that I have tried.
- It is gluten free and soy free.
- The cream cheese is quite pricey. I have seen it for about $7 a tub. At this price, it will only make an appearance on my table for special occasions.
- I can only find it in health food stores. I hope to see it in more mainstream grocery stores.