I used to watch my mom drink Bailey’s with family and sneak a sip here and there. When I was old enough to drink, I indulged in the original Baileys a couple of times on its own or in coffee drinks. I only drink a couple of times a year, so it was an occasional treat with friends. Then I went vegan and Baileys was off the table. I had forgotten about it until I read stirrings on the internet of a vegan version of Baileys called Almande. To see that it was also labeled gluten free made my heart do a happy dance. As soon as it was available at my local ABC store, I bought a bottle. I am still on my first bottle, but it has been enjoyed in hot chocolate, coffee, and plain. I imagine this bottle will last a while, but I like having it around for an occasional treat by myself, with family, or friends.
Product: Baileys Almonde, Almondmilk Liqueur
Overall Grade: A
- It is vegan and gluten free. It says so on the bottle!
- It is becoming more widely available where alcohol is sold.
- The flavor is sweet and smooth like the original.
- The bottle looks very different from the original, making it easy to determine if you are drinking the vegan version.
- The price seemed in line with other specialty liqueurs.
- Having this option allows for vegans to have more specialty drink options.
- The bottle does not have a “use by” or “best by” date. I have had my bottle for a while and put it in the refrigerator, but I do not know how long I can continue to enjoy it.
- It would be helpful if they put the ingredients on the bottle. Some of us like to know what we are consuming. I read every label, so this was hard for me to trust that the ingredients were fine for me to consume. The only information the bottle gives is that it contains almond and soy ingredients.