I love a good vegan meatball. It has been years since I’ve had one that I haven’t made myself. There are some varieties out there that are vegetarian, but not vegan and others that have gluten. I was delighted when I saw these Kale & Quinoa Tasty Bites at the store. I knew I had to make a vegan meatball sub right away.
Product: Kale & Quinoa Bites by Yves
Overall Grade: A+. They had a nice density, chew, and flavor. It makes me want to be lazy and never make my own again!
- Delicious taste. They were so good, I feel like not making veggie balls when I can just pick up a package.
- They are available at Walmart! While I don’t love that store, a lot of people shop there and that makes these easily accessible to consumers.
- Great price!
- They are packed with veggies (Potatoes, chickpea flour, kale, carrots, quinoa, onions), so I felt like I was eating healthy.
- They made a great substitution for my favorite dishes like spaghetti and “meat”balls and subs.
- They are vegan AND gluten free
- Those with allergies beware. They do not contain soy/dairy/eggs, but the website says “not suitable for consumption by persons with an allergy to soy, eggs or milk.” I am not sure why they have that statement. I have a dairy allergy and I was fine eating them.
- The package could have contained more veggie balls. This was just enough for 2.5 people for dinner. I like leftovers though and this package didn’t allow for that.