Those who know me well, know that I am a no presents type of gal for holidays. Every holiday, I remind my husband that I do not want anything. He loves to get me gifts, but I generally return them to the store. He usually bugs me for something that he can get me and I usually have the same answer- nothing. Before Mother’s Day, I knew he was itching to get me something so I sent him an email with information about a sale from No Whey. Sure enough, on Mother’s Day I received a big box of truffles. I rationed them to one per day and had a nice sweet treat for several weeks, until the box was gone. I even offered to share with him, but he said they were mine. I gave him one and enjoyed the rest. If he is reading this, I hope he gets from it that I would accept truffles, or any sweet treat, from No Whey for any holiday!
Product: Signature Truffle Collection, No Whey! Foods
Overall Grade: A
- They are made using a vegan milk chocolate and are the closest to dairy milk chocolate that I have had.
- The truffle flavors were fun. My box came with the following: “milk” fudge, coffee, grand marnier, raspberry, and salted caramel truffles.
- The truffles were delicious! I enjoyed getting a box with a variety of flavors. I am not usually a fan of white chocolate, but I liked the grand marnier one that was covered in white chocolate.
- The company is vegan!
- All of the products are 100% Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free! Free of the common eight allergens.
- No Artificial Colors and Flavors Free of the common eight allergens!
- The company is Kosher.
- If you sign up for the email list, you are notified of sales and holiday candy.
- They have a great selection of candy for each holiday. This is helpful when trying to find candy for Easter and Halloween.
- The pricing for the truffles seems in line with other high-quality truffles.
- The truffles have to be ordered online. I am able to find one product in a local store (No No’s), but all others need to be ordered online. I have a vegan son and I would like to be able to go out and buy this candy locally for holidays or for an occasional treat.
- While the truffle price seems to be reasonable, some of the other candies are a bit pricy- especially with shipping. I don’t mind this for special occasions, but I really wish vegan candy was not so expensive. I would like to buy this for my family for all holidays.
We all grew up on those candy coated milk chocolate pieces with the letters printed on the front. I’m not uttering the name, but you know the ones that I am referring too. I never really loved them, but the crunch made me keep coming back. It was so easy to pop a few in your mouth and crunch away. Before you knew it, you might have downed half a bag. I’ve been missing the convenience of those candies and their ability to only melt in my mouth and not on my fingertips. I then discovered the Classic Dark Chocolate Candies by a company called Little Secrets. After downing a bag eating them one by one, I realized they are better than I remember the milk based originals they imitate. I’ve tried several flavors and I enjoy them all.
Product: Little Secrets Classic Dark Chocolate Candies, Raspberry
Overall Grade: A+ I’d give this product more pluses, if it didn’t seem childish!
- They taste better than the original candy that they imitate. I’d like to see you try not to eat a whole bag. Just try!
- They don’t melt on your fingers.
- They are relatively easy to locate for me locally as they are in Earth Fare and Whole Foods. They are also sold on Amazon.
- The company has four flavors that do not contain milk. More if you count holiday flavors.
- They are great for vegan kids!
- Really, who am I kidding, they are great for adults too!
- The products are made using fair trade chocolate.
- Your candy loving husband might try to pilfer the whole bag from you, not even savoring them-just shoving them all in his mouth. Yep, this happened! I was not pleased, these are meant to be savored!
- Like most vegan products, they are not cheap. For me, this is an occasional “I deserve a treat” product. And seriously, when don’t I deserve a treat?
- The company doesn’t label their products as vegan. I’m not sure that I understand the reasoning behind this (see below). We all know that many other products are made in production facilities with dairy and most of us don’t mind as long as the product doesn’t contain milk.
- Their candy isn’t officially labeled as gluten free. I eat it only because I contacted the company, but the information on the website would make me suspicious about consuming if I had not contacted them. They explained to me that they use good segregation processes. Please contact them if you don’t feel comfortable consuming.
- Their website FAQ contains information that is confusing, see the above two bullet points.